Saturday, January 23, 2010

A tisket, a tasket...

A pink and lovely basket.

My coworker (and good friend) just stopped by with a basket of goodies from my coworkers.  I think she was pleasantly surprised to see I was doing a lot better.  A lot of my coworkers had been talking behind my back about how bad I looked and that they were surprised I was still working.  Whoops.  I guess I should have started short term disability a bit earlier.  My blood counts have mostly returned to normal levels, apparently that's what staying home from work and resting will do for you.  The basket was full of all sorts of fun liquid-y things like yogurt and pudding and a card signed by about a billion people.  I have to say I feel very loved.  I'm sad to be away from my coworkers for 3 more weeks.

I guess I'll go eat some pudding and think about how much I love my coworkers.

1 comment:

  1. I was pleasantly surprised to see you looking so fresh and normal. I guess I shouldn't have told you people were saying you looked bad at work... oops. ;) I'm too direct. Regardless, everyone was just concerned. As the card got passed around, everyone said how strong you are. That they would have just been staying home feeling sorry for themselves. So everyone admires you, regardless if you came to work looking pale, or had a red neck, or waffle-face. We all want you to get better first, THEN come back and deal with all the work stuff. I hope you enjoy the "yogurt bouquet" as Chris called it!

    ReplyDelete