Sunday, January 17, 2010

It's not as bad as it looks

I bet some of you are wondering how bad these mouth sores really are. Please don't get grossed out, but I decided to post what I could easily get a pictures of, the inside of my bottom lip. That type of sore continues around the inside of both cheeks, underneath my tongue and on the roof of my mouth. As horrible as it looks, it's not too bad yet.
I can still pretty much manage the pain with the mouthwash. I have to avoid acidic/citrus foods, as they cause burning, but considering I'm down to soft foods only it's not that hard to do. I basically just avoid orange juice.

I made a pretty yummy (well what I could taste of it) smoothie for breakfast and was able to throw the ensure in to mask it's smell/texture. I think I'll try to keep that up for breakfast for a while. Lunch consisted of soup and ice cream and I plan to take a stab at mashed potatoes for dinner. I am just thankful I'm still managing to swallow well. I want to make it out of this thing without a feeding tube.

Less than 4 weeks to go.

I can do this. Sure I can. Hey, let's go!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, what a great cheer!
    YOU CAN DO IT, SURE YOU CAN. HEY, LET'S GO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Less than 4 weeks, that's encouraging! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete