Saturday, January 30, 2010

I used to love Fridays

Well, it's the morning, so I feel a whole lot better. Last night was one of the most miserable so far. The radiation treatments compound on top of each other, so by the time Friday night rolls around it's pretty awful. I'm so thankful I have these two days off to get a little better and even more thankful I only have one more Friday treatment (I should finish on Thursday 2/11).

I used to love Friday nights. Friday is pizza night at our house. We either make or order out pizza and then usually rent a movie. Last night the smell of the pizza was awesome, but I was forced to chug down a melted vanilla milkshake that caused burning inside my mouth (although not as bad as the chocolate one from Thursday - turns out caffeine causes irritation/burning). Throughout the movie, I had to force myself to stay awake and focused. I just felt so fatigued. I actually look forward to Monday mornings now. That's when I feel the best.

Oh well, 9 more treatments to go. Single digits!

On the eating front, I tried some cream of broccoli soup, but it was still pretty painful. I think the bits of broccoli were irritating my tongue. The two things that work the best are yogurt (namely peach and vanilla) and poached eggs. I'm actually getting really good at poaching eggs. They've been turning on perfectly. So that was breakfast this morning, peach yogurt and two poached eggs. Maybe for lunch I'll try a different type of cream soup. We'll have to see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment