Wednesday, January 6, 2010

lucky no. 7

Treatment 7 today and I don't seem to be experiencing as much post-therapy fatigue. It's been 2 hours since treatment and I'm just barely starting to get fatigued. Does this mean the radiation didn't work as well today? I hope not.

My tastebuds today seemed to be about the same, if not slightly better than yesterday. So that's good.

The bad news for today was the honey treatment. Those with sensitive stomachs stop reading now. So, I got to the parking garage at the center and pulled out the honey. The honey went in fine. I kept trying to swallow it, but it was just sticking everywhere in my mouth. I started to gag, so I tried to spit it out, but it was just everywhere. I finally got most of it out of my mouth but I felt like I was about to puke. I sat in the car for a few minutes trying to steady myself, but I didn't want to be too late to my appointment, so I went ahead and started walking. The trip from the parking garage to the cancer center involves walking the entire length of the University Hospital and for some reason today there were just swarms and swarms of people. I get about halfway and all of a sudden I can't hold it anymore and my mouth just fills with puke. There are trash cans about every 5 feet, but people everywhere. Eventually I just have to walk over to one with a man standing inches from it and spit the puke out. So embarrassing. :\ Then after all of that I'm late to my appointment by a couple minutes. Not a good start to treatment today.

Like I said though, I'm not feeling as fatigued and my taste buds are holding. Maybe puking right before treatment is a new way to help reduce side effects. Maybe I could participate in some weird case study. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment