Monday, December 28, 2009

You can call me waffle-face

1 treatment down. 32 to go.

No side effects to report of yet. The chemo went well. The port is soooo much easier than getting an IV inserted in to a vein! For the chemo appt. I had blood drawn, anti-nausea meds, fluids, cisplatin, then more fluids. Aside from the many trips to the bathroom due to the high amounts of fluid, I just sat around and played board games with Jake... and then my mom and sister too when they showed up. :) All in all, a long but not too terrible experience.

The radiation was a little more unpleasant. The whole appointment was probably less than an hour, but THANKS to Dr. Nyugen's fatten-me-up diet, I had put on 5 lbs since the mask was made and so it was REALLY TIGHT! I left the machine 20 minutes later with the plastic grid imprinted in my face. Next time I'll be sure to get all of my hair out of the way and hopefully maintain or not lose more than a few lbs over the next few weeks. :\

Well, dinner is in the oven, so I better go keep an eye on it. Thanks everyone for the well-wishes today. So far, so good. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey, glad to hear it wasn't so bad this time. I hope they all go as well! Except for the waffle-face, of course. ;)

    ReplyDelete