Saturday, December 19, 2009

Taking a week off from cancer

Well, I called the RO's office yesterday to see if they had my program created yet. They did not. They said they might have it done by Wednesday or Thursday but I should probably just plan on waiting a week. So, the new plan is to start chemo and radiation treatments on Monday, Dec. 29. A lot of you might be thinking how great it is that now I don't have to be dealing with that for Christmas, but the truth is now that just puts me one week further back from being in remission. I'm a bit bummed that it didn't work out.

So now I'm just trying to figure out what I'm going to do during this week off from cancer. I'm trying to think of things that may not be as easy or enjoyable once treatment starts. Maybe Jake and I will venture up to Mt. Lemmon (and if snowy enough, go skiing). I should probably do a lot of baking since my taste buds will be messed up for about a year (at least) once treatments begin. Maybe I should do lots of drinking since I'm not supposed to do that while I'm on chemo. Hmm... that one doesn't sound like that good of an idea.

Oh, I also want to let you know I'm off of vicodin. I took some tylenol yesterday and don't really think I'll need anything today. So.... I should be fully alert at work on Monday. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment