Wednesday, December 23, 2009

It's official.

Treatments start Monday, 12/28. They finished my radiation plan and called me today to schedule. I will be starting chemo at 8am Monday morning followed by radiation treatment 1 of 33 at 3:30pm.

My mom and sister are coming to visit next week (yay!) but it seems they will spending their first full day here at various cancer centers in town. Oh well... they're coming to spend time with me, right? It doesn't matter if we're hanging out putting together jigsaw puzzles while I'm having metallic cancer-fighting drugs pumped into me. :)

I don't really have much more to write about. I have a nice break from work for the next 1.5 weeks. I'm enjoying my break from doctor visits by doing a lot of fancy cooking and baking. Other than that, Jake and I are excited about getting our Christmas gift to each other all set up (a new tv with surround sound speakers). The various components (tv, receiver, cables, speaker mounts) have been/will be arriving in the mail each day, so that's been fun.

Until next time then.... :)

3 comments:

  1. So getting the components in multiple deliveries is kinda cool... like the advent calendar... first day, you get a wire; second day, you get a power cord. Neat! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth and I are looking forward to spending time with you. Can you move your arms while taking treatment because we'll bring lots of games and magazines and cards and fun stuff...not just jigsaw puzzles.
    See you in two days! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I can move my arms. That was the whole point of getting the port, to keep my arms free and not get poked by IV hook-ups over and over again.
    2 days?! So you are really going to drive 16 hours straight? That's crazy! Don't rush to get here. If you're tired, please make it a 2-day trip. I can't wait to see you guys in 2 (or 3) days. :)

    ReplyDelete