Sunday, December 6, 2009

I can't even remember what it's like to be "normal"

I'm tired. I haven't been sleeping well these past couple of nights, and aside from the fact that my constantly-full stomach makes it harder to sleep, my health issues have not been the reason I've not been sleeping.

It's been lonely the past two nights and hard to get to sleep when I know there are so many chores to take care of. Jake has not been home. Jake decided to opt for treatment for his Hashimoto's Encephalopathy by admitting himself to the hospital on Friday night to begin a 3-day course of high-dose IV steroids. This treatment is supposed to relieve all symptoms in 1-3 days. As Jake sits in front of me getting dose 4 of 6, without much sign of improvement, we begin to worry that the HE may not be what is causing the pain. Fingers crossed that he begins to see some improvement soon.

I want to be there for my husband while he's in the hospital. I know how boring and lonely hospital stays can be, especially when you feel fine, but are confined there anyway. I have so many other day-to-day issues to deal with, though, it's hard to be there as much as I'd like. There are dishes piling up in the sink and laundry that needs washing. The dogs are being neglected and it seems like with my diet, I have to keep leaving to go eat something. I need to go grocery shopping and vaccumm and clean up the weeds in the front yard.... It's so hard trying to maintain a routine when you see doctor's offices and hospitals more than your own house.

Also, with the five appointments I need this week and the fact that I have a mere 1/2 hour of paid time off left for the rest of the year, I need to do work this weekend to make up for the hours I'll be missing this week. *sigh*

Well, my husband is bored, so I think it's time for another game of King's Corner....

2 comments:

  1. Your mom and sister would be happy to come to Tucson!!! We're here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I'm happy to offer up my boyfriend for chores! Not like he's doing them around here, so he might at well at your house!

    ReplyDelete