Thursday, December 31, 2009

No partying for the chemo kid...

Just in case you all were wondering what fun and exciting plans I had for this new year's eve... there aren't any. :( Well, at least not your traditional new year's eve fun. No drinking allowed while I'm on chemo...at least not for the first couple of days. If I'm already slightly nauseated, the extra push from alcohol would not be a good idea. I have this homemade eggnog in the fridge, too, so I'm a bit saddened I can't have any. Jake is on so many meds that he's not supposed to take with alcohol and my mom is a diabetic.... so the eggnog just waits.

Meanwhile, I've been enjoying the company of my mom and sister. They might not be having a lot of fun, but we've managed to really clean up the house and just spend time together. I think tonight we'll watch movies and play games. It'll be like new year's when I was a little kid... getting to stay up late and play card games with my family.

So...I may not get my toast at midnight, but I'll just be thankful to be with my family and to be getting one step closer to getting rid of this cancer once and for all.

3 comments:

  1. So you can't drink... Jake can't drink... your mom can't drink (and I miss her)... but your sister can (I miss her too!)... so, even though I know this is not the case, I just imagine that she has all of the alcohol LOL and is texting everyone 'ahphy news yrs!aa'

    Happy New Years!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister can't drink. She's 20 (for 2 more months)! Daniel, how dare you encourage underage drinking.

    ReplyDelete