Thursday, December 17, 2009

Vicodin, friend or foe?

This relatively smooth surgery yesterday was just a cover-up for the fact that it still is painful to have some foreign thing jammed into your chest. It's not too bad, until I decide to move my right arm up and in front of me.... like to turn off the alarm clock, or brush my teeth, or pull my hair back, or pick up my coffee mug, or put on my coat, or pick up my purse, etc. Luckily, this vicodin stuff is pretty awesome and makes the pain go right away. Of course, it also seems to make all my concentration and alertness go away too. It was pretty hard to get anything done at work today to tell you the truth. I ended up working on my year's accomplishments tonight at home (they were due today... whoops). I don't know if this working + vicodin = a good idea. I think last night I responded to someone's email with "42" and then started laughing hysterically. Yes, I know that's the answer to everything. The question was if I knew how many of a certain tool we had. The answer really was 42. Finding out that "How many holding fixtures do we have?" is the ultimate question was kind of a let down.

Anyway, I'm sure half of what I'm writing makes no sense, but hey, at least I'm not in any pain.

I'll try to update tomorrow after Jake's visit with the doctor. We'll also be heading back to the chemo clinic for an "Intro to Chemo" class with the nurses. The clinic is nearby some malls and Jake and I have a bit more holiday shopping to do, so it should be a good afternoon.

Until then.... good night.

2 comments:

  1. Seriously, girl you were funny today. If you hadn't told me you were on painkillers, I might have thought you were a little drunk. ;) Boozing it up before work, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If there is anything House has taught me, it is that Vicodin is a foe.

    ReplyDelete