Friday, February 5, 2010

Only a handful to go...

I'm down to only 5 more radiation treatments!  The light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter.  I only have another 2 Ethyol (amifostine) shots.  With chemo on Monday, I won't get shots Tuesday - Thursday for fear of nausea.

I'm still feeling icky here and there, but my MO upped my dosage of pain meds, so I've been having several "feeling good" moments.  I actually pretty good most of the time, until I try to swallow or eat something.  I'm glad it's Friday (my last Friday....woohoo), as I now have 2 days to hopefully get rid of some of the swallowing pain due to mucus build-up.

I know many of you have contacted me telling me not to plan to go back to work on 2/15.... but here's the thing....  I don't want to jinx myself, but I have plans to go with Jake to a family reunion of sorts for 2/19-2/24.  I don't think the short-term disability folks would be happy to know I was using my time off to go on vacation.  As long as I don't feel too fatigued, I think I can handle 4 days of work, then take my vacation.  Those short-term disability folks are tricky.  They asked me weeks ago when I thought I could come back to work.  I told them I had absolutely no idea, but my treatment would be done on the 11th and so the very earliest possible might be the 15th.  Now if I want to extend my STD beyond the 15th I have to fill out all the paperwork again.  We'll just have to wait and see about everything.  Don't worry everyone, though.  I will not go back to work until I feel good enough to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment