Thursday, February 25, 2010

I miss eating

I was so excited earlier in the week.  I felt like I was making such vast improvements every day.  I seem to have reached a plateau now.  My mouth sores persist and my saliva remains thick.  All of this made the days at Disney get more and more depressing.  It was so hard watching Jake enjoy all the fun amusement park food.  What I wouldn't have given to have a corn dog or funnel cake or cotton candy.  It just hurts so much to put anything in my mouth.  Even the Ensure continues to burn.  I force myself to chug down ensure or melted shakes/floats.  I take a few sips, then have to rinse it with water.  It still feels like my mouth is on fire.

I miss eating food so much.  I am somewhat of a foodie and not being able to try out new recipes or try new food at restaurants is so aggravating.  I haven't had real food in months.  I have no idea when my tongue will stop burning, but it better be any day now.  I just don't know how much longer I can deal with this.

I guess on the positive side, otherwise I'm feeling pretty good.  I'm able to work again which is a nice mental distraction from all of this.  I'm able to go the day without spitting too much provided I have my water bottle close by.  I get several hours of sleep before waking up needing to spit.  My neck is looking a ton better.  I should be thankful I've done as well as I have.

I just really hope these mouth sores go away soon.  It seems it shouldn't be like this for more than another two weeks, but two weeks is still a really long time. :\

2 comments:

  1. Hope it gets better soon. did you get your package?

    ReplyDelete
  2. People lie that Disney is the happiest place on earth. I got bitten by a horse there when I was a kid. Not so happy, huh?
    Anyway, it sucks you feel like you've plateaued, but all of a sudden you will get better. It could be really soon. And with as much as you've been through, 2 weeks will go by quicker than you think. Especially since you've been keeping busy.
    Just keep it up. I got good news out of the blue today about my illness, so I hope the same for you. Just when you think you can't take it anymore, something happens to change your mind. Something pushes you forward.

    ReplyDelete