Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Back to work already

Well, I may have done it earlier than I should...but I went back to work today.  I really felt pretty great most of the day.  The main problem continues to be that my saliva is super thick and mucus-like.  I have a hard time swallowing and choke on the mucus.  So, I was forced to have a spit cup or Kleenex at my side all day.  I kept the spitting down to a minimum and the people around me who had to hear me spitting seemed to understand.  It'll be a while before things are back to normal so it seems a shame to stay at home for just the one side effect.  I don't know.  Maybe I'm just crazy and/or a workaholic.

The day went well.  People were really happy I was back.  The one program I work on was covered really well while I was out and so I barely had to do a thing with it today.  The other program had dozens and dozens of things left for me to take care of, so I was a bit disappointed there.  Some things were done by my back-up, but not a lot.

My day-to-day boss remembered that I had said when I come back I might be low on saliva and need water at my side 24/7, so she worked to get me a special water bottle that I could keep in the closed factory area.  One of my coworkers heard about the saliva thing and brought me these special super absorbent wipes that could be used instead of like 8 Kleenex.  Another coworker offered me her too small clothes since I am now swimming in my work clothes (I ended up netting a loss of 15 lbs).  I really feel like people were looking out for me and feel very loved.  I really missed my coworkers.

I also had my year review today with my section lead and found out that I was ranked in the topmost percentage of my coworkers.  I had one minor negative and a billion positive things said about me.  It looks likely that I'll be getting a promotion when those are announced in a month or two.  I'm very excited!

All-in-all, it was a very good day.  I hope my mucus issue gets even better so I can have an even better day tomorrow. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jen! Congratulations on finishing your treatments and getting back to work so fast. Wishing you a speedy recovery. I too was still dealing with side effects whwhen I went back but I know what you mena. Being with co-workers feels good.

    Wishing you well KATE

    ReplyDelete