Saturday, February 13, 2010

1 more to go and feeling pretty good

Well, my vision isn't so blurry anymore, so it's time for a decent post.  I woke up this morning feeling relatively well.  At this rate, I'll be back to work mid next-week!  (I promise I won't go back until I'm ready, though.)  I have one little treatment left on Monday and then I'm done (I hope....I still don't know for sure about that whole mop-up chemo bit).

I feel bad, though, because Jake is pretty under-the-weather.  I think as he's adjusting his meds it's causing all sorts of bad side effects.  Hopefully he gets those straightened up and can get a decent night of sleep.  I'm getting used to 2-4 hour segment style of sleeping....it's really not too bad.  In Jake's case it's 2-4 hours of sleep at all would seem like a blessing.

I'd say the worst thing going on now is my neck burn.  It's all blistered and cracked and gross.  It doesn't feel that bad though, just stiff.  I mean....I guess I still can't really eat, but that's sorta become the normal.  I'm used to waking up, forcing down an ensure, forcing down another one later in the day, etc.  I don't want to jinx it, but it doesn't seem to be burning as bad lately, so that's good.

I suppose that's all for today.  One more treatment to go and I'm feeling pretty optimistic.

2 comments:

  1. Yippe skippee! Thank God! Praying for you and Jake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, that's great news! I hope all goes well. And don't let Jake keep you up, you need your 2-4 hour segments! You're going to have to tell me what Jake did, cause last I heard, he was still waiting for the doc. Optimism is the way to go!

    ReplyDelete