Saturday, February 20, 2010

Day 1 at Disney

I just wanted to put a quick post today and let everyone know we made it safely to Florida and had a good day today at the Animal Kingdom.

Yesterday went well until we got to the hotel.  I managed to make it through the day without too much spitting.  When we got to our hotel room I got sick and just needed to lay down.  Jake wanted to eat dinner but all the restaurants and room service was closed for the night.  Then we found out our reservations were messed up and had us checking out a day early.  It was really a nightmare.

Luckily by the morning I was feeling a ton better and we managed to get a room for our last day here.  I made it at the park today without too many complications.  There were moments of having to spit in the grass at the park, but I was able to ride a few things without getting nauseated.  We took it easy and it was nice to be out in the sun and having fun.

My tongue is healing nicely, but there are still open sores that burn when food touches it.  I managed a root beer float in the park and then for dinner tonight the family ordered a bunch of pizza.  I actually got down about two bites after numbing my mouth with lidocaine and then rinsing it with water.  It was nice to have something in my mouth that wasn't ensure or ice cream.  I'm hoping the sores continue to heal so I can branch out even more from all the ensure.

Here's to continuing to improve exponentially!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post. I don't have alot to read on the internet since I gave up Facebook for Lent. I guess I should be using my time more wisely.
    You look good. Hopefully your mouth sores will heal fast. :-)
    Say hi to Mickey for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good. I like to hear improvement. I'm jealous you're in FL getting all that glorious humidity, but it has been raining here, so I've been getting some humidity too.
    I started my taper yesterday, so hopefully I will begin some improvements too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad you are doing so well and having a good time. Your mom is right you are looking good. enjoy the rest of your vacation

    ReplyDelete
  4. why aren't you wearing Mickey ears??? :) hope the remainder of your trip is great!

    ReplyDelete