Friday, November 20, 2009

Nov 20th email to Chris (coworker)

"I finally am home. The doctor didn't release me until this morning. I really hate those drains. I feel pretty good now, other than being a little tired, the speech and the swallowing thing. My tongue doesn't quite have the mobility it used to. I am having a hard time eating still. I managed some soup and ice cream for lunch today. It still looks like I'm going to be able to go up to Illinois for Thanksgiving a few days next week, so I really hope I can eat more by then.... especially with radiation treatments starting probably before Christmas. I want one good meal before the ensure meals start.

I think the scariest thing was this morning when the doctor said to me something to the effect of 'you know we really want you to undergo radiation treatments this time. The last time we avoided it because we wanted to maintain your quality of life for the next 20 plus years. Now with the aggressiveness of this cancer, we're just trying to make sure you survive the next 5.' Yikes!

Well, like you said I just should be happy with what I have left.

I'm just so happy to be home at this point. I'll be at work probably Monday afternoon and Tuesday morning, but since you're on PTO I guess I'll see you the Monday after Thanksgiving.
You can help out by not laughing when I ask you a question about the "aye-sow ouher imbal status". Ha!"

No comments:

Post a Comment