Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Nov 17th email to some family and friends

After accidentally hitting send before typing a message the first time...

"Sorry for the double message guys. It's hard to type on my phone with the pulse-ox meter on my finger.

So I just wanted to thank you all for the well-wishes and support. There were quite a few delays yesterday and I ended up not making it into surgery until 4:00ish. Then during surgery they found some slight involvement with the base of my tongue, which made the surgery last even longer. By the time I had a room it was after 11:00pm!

I'm doing ok now. It hurts a bit to swallow or turn my head too much, but other than that I don't seem to be in much pain. I'm having a bit of difficulty talking, which I assume has to do with the base of tongue issue.

Dr. Hayden will be stopping by sometime today and then I'll send out another update.

Thanks again for all of your support."

No comments:

Post a Comment