Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Nov 17th pm email to some family and friends

"The doctor finally stopped by. He is in an all day case today, so he just had a chance to step away.

I guess the cancer was much more aggressive than they had thought. They removed the lymphnode and salivary gland and found the cancer had spread into the base of my tongue and my nerves in that area....explaining why I had developed some nerve pain in weeks past.

They went ahead and removed part of my tongue and nerve which is why I've been having difficulty talking. It might take a while for that to come back again.

It seems radiation treatment is pretty much definite at this point but we're still waiting up to 5 days for the pathology report.

It looks like I have another 2-4 days left in the hospital depending on the drain.

I'll get another followup with Dr. Hayden tomorrow morning and I'll let you guys know how that goes."

No comments:

Post a Comment