Thursday, November 26, 2009

mmm...turkey, stuffing, cranberries, and ... pizza?

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

It has been quite a day. Jake and I were at his Aunt's place most of the day for the Thanksgiving celebration. The food and company were great, but I kept telling Jake I felt like I should have made myself a t-shirt that said "I feel fine, except for my speech. Please stop asking" or something. I guess people don't expect you to be back to normal after such an intensive surgery and then when they ask how you are and you say "I'm hood"....it kinda makes them wonder. It was also a little embarrassing to be the last person finished eating out of about 40 people....even those who got 2nds and 3rds. People probably thought I was eating a lot, even though I didn't even completely cover my plate with food, oh well....

On the up side, because I eat so slowly, I didn't overeat for the Thanksgiving lunch and when we got back to Jake's mom's place I got to have leftover Giordano's pizza....mmmmm.....

All in all, it's been a great holiday. I suppose it's about time to call it a night. We have an early flight in the morning back to Tucson. Good night. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment