Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Nov 18th email to some family and friends

"Well, Dr. Hayden's team stopped by early this morning (and actually woke me up). I'm doing better. My speech is improving, although they are sending in a speach therapist later today for an evaluation. They had to sacrifice my 12th cranial nerve which will permently have an effect on my speech, although hopefully just slight.

I'm disconnected from all machines as of last night. In the last 24 hour I ouput 35 ccs to my drain. I need less than 30 to be released. Signs are looking good that I'll be going home tomorrow.

I asked about Thanksgiving. They said no heavy partying, but I should still be able to go to Illinois. I'll have to have my stitches removed Monday or Tuesday and we'll review my pathology report, but they should still give me the ok to take the flight.

I look forward to getting out of here and to seeing many of you for Thanksgiving."

No comments:

Post a Comment