Tuesday, November 24, 2009

being young gives you xmen-like powers...

A quick post before I leave for work this morning, with two more tidbits from yesterday's appointment...

First, when speaking to the doctor about upcoming radiation treatments and what areas would be targeted, he explained that since the first cancer, last year, was well-contained and had no lymphnode involvement, there didn't seem to be a reason to radiate that area. It was this left side and the lymphnodes that were crazy-aggressive and needed to be hit. That means no radiating of the oral cavity and a good shot at keeping most of my taste and salivating functions. Horay! I still have to talk to my RO about that choice, but that seemed to be a knowledgeable response.

Secondly, I told my doctor that I had just starting getting zapped by the nerves lining up again after surgery and his response was something like "Already?! Wow, that's fast! I guess being young makes you like an xmen."
...
...

hmmm..... my cells did go through a bunch of crazy mutations....
...
...

got to go. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment