Wednesday, March 17, 2010

My 100th blog post

I can't believe I'm up to 100 blog posts already!  It seems like just yesterday I started all of this.

I don't have much to talk about today, other than the fact that my MO's office called.  They left a message saying they want me to call them back regarding the question we spoke about yesterday.  I assumed it was serious and apprehensively called them back.  It turns out they just wanted to let me know that my MO called that other doctor's office, only to find out he's out of town until Monday.  They just wanted me to know I shouldn't expect a call from them until early next week.  If that's all it was, why not leave that in the voicemail....  oh well.  The longer they put off giving me an opinion, the more I question how much I really need it.  They don't seem very concerned about its urgency regardless.

2 comments:

  1. They probably didn't leave it on the voicemail cause it is considered "personal" info and you have to sign a special release form in order for them to leave personal stuff on an answering machine - stupid huh? Have a good weekend dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't consider a Doctor's vacation as a lack of urgency on your behalf. I was vomiting and having v-tach in the hospital lobby and was told to wait right there, she'd be back in a minute to give me the EKG. She came back 45 minutes later because she had to have her lunch. :\

    So while I could have been dying (urgency on my part), she was obviously hungry (urgency on her part). So the way it plays out is that their needs/desires come first. We're just patient numbers and statistics.

    Just keeping it in perspective. However, I sincerely hope the verdict is that you do not need this treatment. Keep hanging in there, you seem to be doing well. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete