Thursday, March 25, 2010

A bum bum

So right now my left leg / butt is kinda sore / bruised. To explain why let me start at the begining...

Tuesday morning at 2am, I woke up, ran to the bathroom, and started puking. Why? I don't know. I took my temperature. It was 97ish, so normal for me. I was slightly clammy, but feeling better so I went back to sleep. About an hour later I woke up again and repeated this process. This continued until about 9:00am. Needless to say, I had to take a sick day from work. :/ Was it food poisoning? Jake ate the same stuff that I did, so probably not. Maybe it was just a stomach bug. I had a couple sips of water throughout the morning, but nothing like what I normally do. Around 2:00pm I finally tried to eat stuff. For the rest of the day I had a smoothie and maybe 1/4th a can of soup.

Well, I guess that wasn't enough fluid intake with all the puking I was doing, because when I woke up yesterday morning I was quite dehydrated and I ended up fainting a few times... first in the shower, then getting out of the shower, then trying to brush my teeth. By the third fall I had woken up Jake. I guess I gave him a good scare. He said my eyes were wide open, just staring blankly. I didn't know that happens when you faint. Weird.

Anyway, this is why I'm sore today. I must have fallen on my backside. I guess I should be glad it wasn't my head!

I'm actually in the airport now, getting ready to go visit my sister, my belated birthday gift to her. This should be a fun weekend! I just hope sitting on the plane isn't going to make my bum bum any more uncomfortable.

1 comment:

  1. That's terrible. I've only fainted once, but I fell on my head. I hurt myself, so I'm glad your body was in a position where you didn't hurt your head when you fell. Anyway, you're right, the fainting was probably from dehydration. Why you were puking... Hopefully that doesn't happen during your vacation! Have fun! You deserve some fun!

    ReplyDelete