Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Happy Cancerversary to me!

Two years ago ago today I visited my ENT to hear those words I would never forget, "Could your fiance wait in the waiting room?  The doctor would like to talk to you alone.  Then we can bring him back."

It was then I knew the results that my ENT confirmed a few moments later.  The biopsy was positive for cancer.  Since then, it has been two years on a crazy roller coaster of tests and treatments and scans and scares.  It has also been two years of great maturing and hopefully some positive reevaluation of life's priorities.

So what did I do to celebrate today?  The same thing as the past 2 years...kept living.

And I'm looking forward to many years to come. :)


Oh... and by the way, that little sore on my tongue... it's completely disappeared now, although the sinus infection symptoms persist.

5 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to many years to come with you too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie from McAlesterSeptember 30, 2010 at 6:27 AM

    Congratulations! We are very happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jen-It's been a while since I've checked your blog. I'm so happy that you and Jake are in better health for the first time since you were married. What a rollercoaster you've been on! Uncle Jim and I hope you have a wonderful anniversary and look forward to a lifetime of health and happiness. We love you both! Aunt Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. what kind of cancer and what were the symptoms i have a lump under my toung and im so scared now its growing and so sore im slurring words

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can read my bio and earlier blogposts for details on the symptoms, but the first time around it was pretty much a white annoying bump on the side of my tongue. I suggest you go and see an oral surgeon or ENT to do a biopsy. It's quick and will give you a sense of relief either way. They can also give you pain meds or magic mouthwash to help with the soreness, regardless of what it is. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete