Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A book recommendation

I finally had a chance to look up more info on the release of Grant Achatz's memoir.  Thanks Debbie for reminding me.  It turns out that the book is coming out March 2011, but you can preorder it already through Amazon for only $18.15.  ...and hey... if you go to Amazon through the Oral Cancer Foundation link, then a percentage of the sale should go to the Oral Cancer Foundation.  :)

No update on the movie based upon this book  (there were rumors in early 2009 that they would turn the memoir into a movie staring Toby Maguire).... but if you'd like a movie recommendation, as well...  I have recently heard about Live with It, a film due to come to theaters soon based on a true story of a 25-year-old friend of Seth Rogen's who had cancer.  The little bit of buzz I've heard about it sounds promising... maybe they'll actually have an acurate portrayal of what it's like to be a young adult with cancer.

Alright... done with my media recommendations.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the information! I will have to get mine pre ordered and the movie sounds good.

    Take care :)

    ReplyDelete