Friday, May 7, 2010

A bloody mess...

It's been a long time since I posted and I honestly don't have much to say, but for starters I wanted to let you all know I am still alive and well.  My taste is still coming back a little bit each day, I seem less and less fatigued, and I'm beginning to work around my dry mouth issues.  My next big appointment is May 21st, when I will be having my PET/CT.  These scans are the way in which the doctors judge whether or not I am truly in remission.  I should get the results of the scan the following week....  so come back to this site some time around then for some real news.

But.. as long as I have your attention, I thought I'd share a funny thing that happened today.  I went in for my monthly bloodwork, and as I'm laying in the chair with the nurse putting in the saline and drawing out the first syringe, an infusion machine nearby starts beeping.  My nurse looked up for just a second to tell another nurse to go change some setting on it.... when all of a sudden, the syringe didn't seal properly at the end, and the back of the thing shoots out and a vile of my blood goes EVERYWHERE!  I was covered in my own blood, as was the chair I was in and some of the floor.  It was all a big mess.  After many apologies and towels, the nurse finished drawing my blood and put on a bandage.  I then went to the bathroom and changed into a hospital gown and washed all the blood out of my shirt.  Luckily the folks there had a washer/dryer and after 15 minutes in the dryer, my shirt was as good as new!  I guess I should just be thankful that I had today off of work, otherwise it would have been more annoying than a funny story.

Well, I suppose that's all for now.  I hope things are well with everyone.  Goodnight! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment