Thursday, October 22, 2009

Oct 22nd post to OCF forum

"I'm having a hard time being strong today. I got a call from the scheduler this morning and my surgery isn't taking place until 11/16. I realize the surgeon is going out of town and he has dozens of cancer surgeries to schedule, but I am still very uneasy about waiting so long. I called my ENT who says the wait shouldn't make a difference and he thinks I should still go to Phoenix. He says if I still am uneasy about it, he could do the surgery maybe 11/4.

The surgeon I had last year, Dr. Kim, was so amazing. He was always so willing to work with my schedule and would remember little facts about me from each visit and was just so personable. Dr. Kim got a new job in Seattle a month or two ago, so my files were transfered to Dr. Hayden, Dr. Kim's original mentor. Dr. Hayden seems like an amazing doctor/surgeon with many years of experience and recognition..... I just didn't get the same warm and fuzzy feeling with him. Now with scheduling surgery so far down the road it just makes it that much worse."

No comments:

Post a Comment