Monday, June 21, 2010

n. A type of online diary made availabe to other people on the internet.

I guess when I started this whole blogging thing it was more a way for me to communicate details of doctor's appointments and progress to family and friends so that I didn't find myself repeating the same things over and over again.  I also used it to just be silly about things.  As time went on, I began to really utilize my blog as an outlet for my feelings, from my fears and apprehensions to my happiness.  I began my series of serious posts and loved the fact that I had an outlet to express myself frankly, without any reservations.  My blog really became like a diary to me.  By sharing it with you all, you became privy to some of my innermost feelings and some pretty personal details to my life.  For those of you who have been with me from the start of this blog, I'm sure it seemed like a natural progression and you just found yourself becoming closer to me as time went on.

I am saddened to find that some of my information has gotten too personal.  Apparently not everyone appreciates my openness about the on-goings of my life.  Some of you may have noticed my blog was down last night.  I did that so that I would have time to figure out how I wanted to handle the situation.  This is my blog and if I can't post freely, what good is it?  On the other hand, if the details involve other people and they do not want that information shared, I should respect that.

I went ahead and removed some details from my previous post as requested and I will try to be more careful about posting details about other people in the future.  I'd like to post about this past weekend, but that may have to wait until tomorrow now that I have to spend extra time self-editing.  *sigh*

As always, thanks for listening. <3

1 comment:

  1. You know I've been keeping a blog for years. Sometimes I don't post for weeks, then sometimes I post several times a day. It is theraputic I think. There is of course the delicate balance of how to talk about you when it involves someone else and how they want their privacy considered. But don't give up. Even if you post just when you feel like it, people appreciate hearing about your life, your struggles, the good and the bad. My blog started as "here's what I'm doing after college" then it morphed into a "travel adventure" blog and now it has morphed into a "Hashimoto's Encephalopathy" blog. With some fun stuff thrown in of course. I like your blog. Now you know who doesn't want his personal stuff mentioned. You can keep going.

    ReplyDelete